Monday, November 30, 2009

Training day 12 went well, but I'm not feeling so hot today

Yesterday Bill & I went on our scheduled 9 mile run. I felt great for the entire run, like I could have run the whole marathon yesterday, except that my knees started to hurt again about 3/4 of the way through. What a pain! I'm thinking it might be my shoes, although I've only had them since June. However I got them when I was only running 6-10 miles a week and didn't have any problems, so maybe they aren't appropriate - who knows?

Today though I woke up feeling crummy - definitely like I'm getting sick - coughing, tight chest, aching. Between the seemingly impending cold and my achey knees I feel like I can't catch a break these past couple of weeks. I'm thinking it's maybe time to take this week to rest and recoup and start fresh next weekend, although I feel like I'll be going stir-crazy if I can't do something. What to do... any ideas???

No comments:

Post a Comment