Monday, November 9, 2009

Welcome to Melissa's Marathon Blog

How funny is this picture? This was one of the shots taken for my official Animal Rescue League announcement. I chickened out and chose a more conservative "official" picture, but figured I would share this one here. Looks like I'm getting ready for a 26.2 mile sprint!

The Boston Marathon is officially 161 days away, which feels like a long time. For me, I hope this blog will help keep me focused on the goal ahead as well as provide a way to look back at what it took to get to the starting line. And I hope it offers to all of you a way to keep track of my progress.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to both help the Animal Rescue League of Boston and get me to the starting point of this journey. If you know of any other folks that might like to support this cause, please send them to the ARL Boston Marathon donation page. I hope come April 19, 2010 I will make you & everyone one (human and animal) at the Animal Rescue League all proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment