Sunday, November 22, 2009

Training, day 10

I MADE IT!!! Today I officially ran 8 miles (8.4417 to be exact). I ran it with my turning-to-be-very-trusty running buddies Bill & Alan. This is more than I've ever run before in my life. It was surprisingly not as hard as I anticipated, although Alan picked up the pace at the end again and I tried to keep up with him, but he lost me. We ran a very beautiful route through the Arboretum and around Jamaica Pond. I feel very fortunate to have so many great places to run right around me - it certainly makes training easier. I'm feeling pretty tired right now and a little nervous about how my legs might feel tomorrow, but in all it was a great day. My sister commented once that she had a difficult time finding the "runner's high". I'm not sure that I've felt it in the past, but I did today for sure.

Also, I need to say that I am in love with g-maps pedometer. It's such a great tool for figuring out running routes - sure beats trying to drive around clocking mileage in my car like in the past. Here's a shout out to Bridget Conneely for introducing us to this amazing technology. Thanks Bridge!

2 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love technology? Keep up the good work. Is ARL going to have a send off or meet you at the finish line party for you in April?

    Patricia
    one of your foster parents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love technology?

    Patricia
    one of your foster parents

    ReplyDelete