Saturday, November 21, 2009

Training, day 9

Training day 9 was just a 3 mile run, which, I'm happy to say, felt like a breeze. Maybe all this running is starting to pay off! Bill & I did a "tempo" run where you start off jogging and then increase your pace for a period of time. We did the first mile slower, increased speed the second mile and then increased it even more for the third (with a short cool down at the end). This helps increase your lactate threshold, which is a phrase that comes up all the time in my marathon training book. By the end we actually ran a 7 min. 23 sec. pace, which I was very proud of. Not that I'll be keeping that pace up for the entire 26.2 miles, but it felt great last night.

Now, if I can only make it through the 8 miles ahead of me tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment