Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A minor setback

One of my fears has happened. After feeling so great after my long run, that evening and the next day my right knee was quite painful. After doing some research online, it appeared that I had a case of Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITBS), which is apparently a very common injury in runners. I am typically more a "work through the pain" type person, so it's a challenge for me to do what is recommended - ice my knee and rest from running until I feel better. But I'm doing it.

The good news is that it's been two days since my big run and I'm feeling better already. There are a lot of activities that are not off limits, so I can keep active. I swam yesterday and rode my bike today. Here's hoping that this is the only hitch in my training!

No comments:

Post a Comment