Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Training, day 6 & 7

Training day 6 was a cross training day, so we went for a 16 mile bike ride. I haven't ridden my bike in a while so it felt like a long 16 miles. It also dawned on me about 2/3 of the way through that at some point in January I'm going to be expected to run this long. It was a little intimidating, I have to admit.

Training day 7's run called for 3 miles, so I did one of my go-to 3.4 mile routes from my house, around Jamaica Pond, and back. Even though it was a short run, and I love Jamaica Pond, I really didn't feel my best this morning. My pace was decent, but I had some major dead leg and the wind was biting. I guess I've been spoiled by all this unseasonably nice November weather and have yet to toughen up to the cold. Tomorrow is yoga day, so I'm hoping that will help loosen things up in my legs and get me ready for a great run Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    Sounds like a tough day but just keep plugging and it will get easier. I am very impressed!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete