Saturday, March 6, 2010

So happy it's warm outside!

It has been a long cold winter, and I cannot say enough how happy I am going to be tomorrow running in 50 degree weather. So far, I think I have felt better on all my runs this week than I have on any other week of my training, and it's been a tough one. With less than two months to go, my coach is upping the ante again. This week looked like:

Sunday - 12 mile run (felt good!)
Tuesday - 25 minutes easy pace and then 30 minutes progressive (which means you gradually increase your pace throughout the run)
Wednesday - swimming
Thursday - 40 minutes easy pace
Friday - 4 intervals of 1 mile easy pace followed by 1/2 mile of medium pace

The only thing on the agenda this week that I am not looking forward to is an ice bath. This seems to be gaining in popularity as I have read about it in many running magazines, but essentially you are supposed to soak your legs in very cold (using ice if necessary) water for about 10 minutes to aid with healing. We'll see if this actually happens. I can barely get into a pool that is less than 80 degrees.

Tomorrow's run is 16 miles, out and back on the course. Here's hoping it goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment