Monday, March 22, 2010

My Achilles heel is really my Achilles heel...

The top 5 most common running injuries are:
We are less than one month away from the marathon and I now have my second of the top 5 most common running injuries and I have to admit I'm a tad panicked. I've worked my way through ITB syndrome and it doesn't really bother me that much anymore. However, now I have Achilles Tendonitis and it almost stopped me completely on my long run yesterday. I can handle most running pain, but it felt like my calf was going to snap. It was bad.

Once again, I'm so glad I have a running coach (thanks again mom, dad & sis!) because he's working closely with me to do what needs to be done to overcome this injury. I've been taking aleve, icing and have an appointment for a pt/sports massage tomorrow to help break up any scar tissue that has developed.

On a good note - aerobically I really felt good yesterday during my 19 mile run - so I hope that I've done enough work building my aerobic fitness that a few days off from running won't do me that much damage. Wish me luck through this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment