Sunday, April 4, 2010

My official last long run (and boy was I happy)!


I had my very last really long run before the marathon today - 21 miles total, starting in Boston, running 10 1/2 miles out to Wellesley, and then turning back around. I really hope that I can duplicate this effort in two weeks because I was absolutely thrilled with my time - 2:52:55. If I could keep this pace up on marathon day, I could actually run the marathon with a time that would qualify me for next year's marathon! I'm trying not to get my hopes up and keep in perspective that the goal through all of this was just to finish, but I do have a competitive side to me that is acting up. But anything could happen marathon day - we could have a 25 mph headwind the whole way, or it could be 90 degrees so I have to keep this in mind.

In all though, I'm thrilled that all the big runs are over - I have two weeks of relatively light training and then it is marathon day!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! Enjoy. I ran last year and qualified for next year. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete