Sunday, April 18, 2010

A wonderful pre-marathon message

This week has been a roller coaster of nerves. My cold finally caught up to me, so I don't know that I'll get a qualifying time tomorrow that I got my hopes up for two weeks ago. I'm trying to keep in mind that I have run with a cold several times during my training, so I'm confident I will make it.

My neighbor, Faith, sent me the most wonderful message today that I'm going to try and keep in mind during my run. She said:

"I wish you serenity today and tomorrow. For me, the fantastic part is already evident: you committed to a difficult thing and underwent the training to achieve it"

Pretty great words. This has been a dream of mine for many, many years, and no matter what the outcome, the opportunity has been amazing and the journey has been even better. I've done things I never thought possible and for that I can be very proud.

Here's to a great day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! The foster kittens and I will be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete