Sunday, February 7, 2010

A week of ups and downs

So after the last post about the massage, by knee felt great for about 1 - 1 1/2 days. Then it started bugging me again, worse than before! I actually think it might have been self inflicted from improper stretching & foam rolling, but I'm not positive.

During that time, on Friday and Saturday I was supposed to go swimming. I had a great swim on Friday and then on Saturday, really didn't want to go but was proud that I managed to drag myself to the pool after a long day of work after all. However, just as I was about to get in, I learned that a child had puked in the pool! Yuck! Needless to say, the pool was closed and I had to forgo the swimming.

So onto today. My coach created a revised training plan for me this week after the knee pain. So, I thought it said 6 mi. easy, stretch, then 2-4 more miles, only realizing after I had completed my run that it was 6 min. not 6 mi., so I ended up running 9 miles today instead of 2- 4 miles. Whoops! The strange thing, however, was after about 1/4 mile of my run, the pain pretty much went away. It came back again slightly towards the end but even now a few hours after the run, I feel better. Not sure what to make of all this.

This past week has definitely been frustrating since I felt like my progress was going along well until this past week. This week was the first time I had moments of wondering if I could do this, but I'm sure I'll get my confidence back once I start feeling 100% on runs again.

No comments:

Post a Comment