Monday, February 1, 2010

This week's long run was awful...

This week's long run, which was yesterday, was 15 miles. To give those of you who might be reading a idea of just how long that is, in 15 miles you can get from:
  • Bristol, CT to Meriden, CT
  • Walnut Creek, CA to Berkley, CA
  • Menasha, WI to Oshkosh, WI
  • Somerville, MA to Braintree, MA
Bill, my husband, has been doing all my long runs with me since he is signed up for the Martha's Vineyard 20 miler in two weeks. We both felt great after last week's 12 mile run, and were really looking forward to this week's run. However, we were both sorely disappointed. I think a big problem was that it was really cold yesterday - colder than it's been for most of our runs. We both ended up being slightly underdressed and never really warmed up. My hip kept cramping up the second 1/2 of the run and I had to stop and stretch it out every 1-2 miles. This week's work-outs were harder than normal, and my legs felt like bricks. Needless to say, we were both glad when it was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment