Thursday, February 4, 2010

An exciting day today.

For the record, I am not a fan of very early morning runs, like the 5:30 a.m. run I did today - I'm fine with pretty much anything after 7:00 a.m. - but 5:30 a.m., yuck. I envy those other runners who seem to be able to so easily get out on the road before dawn.

That said, it was for a good cause because I am getting a massage tonight!!! I am still feeling the residual effects of this weekend's 15 mile run and my hip has been so tight and I just can't seem to loosen it with any amount of stretching. Tight hips are a big factor in the knee pain I've been having on and off, so my coach recommended a sports massage. Wasn't going to say no to that. So while 5:30 a.m. today wasn't that great, at 5:30 p.m. should be much better! I'm certainly not in a position to be getting a massage regularly, but I figure I can treat myself every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment