Monday, January 25, 2010

12 mile run - done!


Long run was yesterday, Sunday, and it was a great day for a run - sunny, mid 30s, no wind. It was great! Glad today is an off day (as it currently is pouring rain with 50 mph wind gusts). One of the things that I think I'm enjoying most about training for the marathon is the gratification I get each time a new distance is conquered. Twelve miles is now officially the farthest I've ever run, and remarkably, I felt good. I finally broke down and got a fuel belt which I've used on my past two runs. Fueling up while running is an important part of marathon, so I'm starting to practice that part. Honestly, I feel like a dork wearing one, but I haven't experienced the complete burnout that I felt after the first 11 miler. I guess my pride is a small price to pay for not feeling like a zombie for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment