Monday, December 14, 2009

Back, but not exactly better

After my last post I did actually test the waters with a short 3 mile run - not such a great idea. I should have listened to the advice online that said if you had any type of chest cold that running wasn't recommended. That run felt pretty bad.

I decided to wait until my chest felt all better and went out for a run today. The run wasn't all bad, but it wasn't all good either. The high points were:

1) Chest felt great and my breathing was 100% fine.
2) Got to try out the running gear that my husband bought me for my birthday. It was great!

The low points were:

1) Got bad side cramp - haven't gotten one of those really since the first week.
2) My knees
3) New shoes I got (to try and help my knees) don't seem to be working out so well. In addition to not really helping my knees, my feet are constantly numb. Very strange feeling while you're running. Think I have to bring them back to marathon sports and try for another pair.

I am thankful that I am no longer sick and overall feeling much better. Tomorrow is another day!



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better Melissa.

    ReplyDelete